Wednesday 22 September 2010

Projects 002: Trial and Error

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/130/l_c75c61c727894d8f8e896dd21ebd3636.jpg

Lately I've been thinking about my noise project. I have some ideas of how I will structure my sets. I'm interested in exploring extreme noise and silence. I would like to add rhythms to the layers of noise. 

A few months ago I put up an ad online looking for black metal style drummers and found a few who were interested in joining my experimental project. For now I will keep it solo perhaps using a cheap drum machine (or Korg DS). The layers of noise will come from my mixer (feedback), and other found (metal) objects. I'm interested in creating specific industrial sounds such as the screech of sheet metal. Many thanks to my friend James Wright for designing the logo.

As part of my research I have been listening to the Merzbow box set (50 albums).